FashMash is a web-based platform where fashion lovers will be able to easily and securely swap [a.k.a. trade, barter] gently used fashion items within a large community marketplace.
Using FashMash you will be able to:
- Create an in-depth style profile.
- Easily upload items that you would like to swap.
- Seamlessly search for or browse items.
- Create watch lists for any and all desired items or styles.
- Securely make an offer for the items with a quick drag and drop.
- Obtain new attire or accessories regardless of your current financial situation, desired style OR size.
- Easily ship items through a fully integrated system: seamlessly print off shipping labels and request a package pick-up.
- Write reviews on your experience based off of quality of goods, promptness of delivery and communication.
- Be Safe - Each user account will be verified using a triple-factor verification process. You will also be able to assign a security deposit quantity for each transaction.
At first I really just wanted an easy outlet to acquire new clothes and cute shoes anytime, regardless of my financial or physical situation (read: I was between paychecks, wearing sweats and no makeup at home.) There my closet sits with hundreds of dollars of merchandise that I may never wear again. It will all slowly trickle away to my friends closets, Goodwill, the trash or to the land of missing socks. To me, swapping was the logical and environmentally friendly choice, but I found it to be missing an online platform.
So I started looking around, then I started planning. Originally it was just fun to work through the various obstacles, then it became apparent that I was looking at a full-fledged business plan and website wire-frame. I even gathered interest from some colleagues and friends who effectively made up a top-notch development and launch team.
At the heart of this is a girl (me) just looking for the ability to USE FashMash. If anything, help ME swap clothes with you all. I have some really cute stuff, I promise (that's a joke - sort of.)
This leads us to where we stand right now: the first public step toward enhancing the world of what I call "new-to-you" fashion through a kicky website named FashMash.
Who is FashMash For?
- Anyone who has been to a wedding and doesn't want to wear that outfit again because it's already been fully documented on Facebook.
- People who likes wearing clothes and accessories.
- People who have items in their closet they do not often wear.
- Anyone who has anything in their closet that has already been fully documented on Facebook and is thusly unwearable.
- Anyone who aches for new clothing and accessories.
- People who can use the internet.
- People who love cupcakes, because I love cupcakes and we must be cut from the same mold.
<support us on kickstarter>
Copyright © 2014 FashMash. All Rights Reserved.